Enter your E-Mail to subscribe and You will get a confirmation mail - read it.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Why Don't you use open source softwares

You know that each any every software need some registration.
It requires registration code to access the full version of the software.

I have a doubt that why people are not using open source softwares.
These are free and powerful.

In my machine I use all open softwares and free softwares.
There is no trial version and limited capabilities.

Just look at these and tell me is there any utility require ?

Operating system:
When I was purchased my machine Windows XP Pro Service pack 2
preloaded. So there is no need of Xp installed again.

Then I installed application softwares given below.......

Anti Virus:
I am using ClamWin 0.91.2
Or
You can use Avast home edition for free

Spyware:
I am using Spybot search and destroy.

Firewall Security:
I am using Comodo Firewall security
or
You can use Zone Alarm.
(zone Alarm is a free software for only firewall It requires registrtion for spam blocking)

Temporary error cleaner and registry cleaner:
I am using Ccleaner for temporary files .And useful for Registry cleaner.

Zip Software:
I use 7-Zip for zip files.

PDF (Portable Document File) Reader:
I use FoxitReader for pdf files viewer.

Office (Word,PowerPoint,Excel):
I use Openoffice org 2.2.

CD burner:
Generally you can get it from the manufacturer.
If ever you require use InfraRecorder .

Image Viewers:
Google provides free software Picassa for maintaining Images.
Or
Use OSS Irfan view.

Vedio and audio Players:
I am using VLC Player for Vedio.
and Real Player

Internet:
Generally most of the internet applications are free.I prefer

Browser:Mozilla Firefox
Download Manager: Orbit Download Manager

Now tell me Is there any need to buy a software?

Caution:
Don't use pirated versions, and Cracks.
Because there is lot of effort behind of software making.
Software companies are spending cores of rupees for making a single software.
Don't steel others hardwork.

Raviteja G